Are you a mom at home on quarantine right now? In the past few weeks, the impact of the novel coronavirus is being felt in all American households, and moms are struggling to stay calm and grounded during this difficult time. We are suddenly tasked with learning to homeschool our children while working from home, keeping the kitchen clean and stocked with food when grocery stores are bare, preparing meals with interesting and sometimes random ingredients, entertaining little ones with creative games and crafts, and doing all we can to minimize screen time. There is sudden financial strain, uncertainty about the future, and fear of getting sick. And yet, moms are always expected to look like they have everything together.
With this kind of stress and pressure moms can easily become burned-out and overwhelmed. And to top it off, this heightened amount of stress takes a toll on our immune systems and makes us more vulnerable to viruses like the coronavirus.
So, what does a mother do in times like these? How do we take care of ourselves and remain healthy for our families during quarantine? More and more women are leaning on CBD to help them stay centered and calm while stuck at home.
Here’s how CBD works: CBD and other cannabinoids from the hemp plant interact with the endocannabinoid receptors in our central and peripheral nervous system, which help maintain balance in the body and keep a healthy state of being.
In the past few years, CBD has come a long way. It’s legal, not associated with abuse potential, and there are many ways to use it. We love CBD for moms because it can be easily integrated into your daily self-care routine and can feel like you’re visiting the spa. Think muscle rubs, bath bombs, sweet-smelling lotions, and sleep relief. Think time to yourself, calm, and peace. Here are 5 easy ways to make CBD a part of your daily self-care routine:
5 easy ways for Moms to enjoy CBD and a little more calm
- Cold Therapy Pain Relief. Chasing kids around all day can cause a ton of physical pain like muscle and backaches. Use something like this blend of CBD and Menthol as a pain reliever. The menthol provides a soothing cooling sensation and fast acting pain relief. Perfect to rub on after a shower, first thing in the morning, or throughout the day.
- High Dosage CBD Oil. Increasing your dosage of CBD is important in times of overwhelm and chaos. CBD oils like these can be taken in the morning and night and are a perfect addition to your self-care routine. High dosage is also a way to save money. These tend to be the highest value with the lowest cost per milligram of CBD.
- Muscle Rub. After dinner in the evening, ask your partner to rub your aching muscles. We recommend this CBD Root Butter Muscle Rub. Not only will your body feel like butter, but it will give you a chance to connect with your partner at the end of the day. During this time of isolation, we need to stay connected to those we love most.
- Bath Bomb. Once the kids are down, draw a hot bath and throw in a CBD bath bomb. Light a candle, play your favorite music, and soak for a while to quiet your mind before bed. A nightly ritual like this will help you sleep through the night.
- Night Time Drops. Before bed take a few drops of this blend of CBD and melatonin. The melatonin will help you sleep through the night. Sleep is #1 when it comes to keeping your immune system boosted.
There are a lot of ways that CBD can be integrated into your daily self-care plan, which can help you feel calmer and more grounded while stuck at home quarantined with your kids. Take your health and well-being into your own hands. If you don’t do it for yourself, do it for your kids.
Michelle Long, MA, has been studying health and wellbeing for the past 20 years. She has a master’s degree in Holistic Health Education, owned a Wellness Center for families, and has taught yoga and stress reduction to thousands of people over the years. Her passion is to help people take their power back by owning their health in a natural and holistic way. She is currently the Director of Health and Education for CBDPlaza.com.